Morning is the best time to rejuvenate for our body as it sets the tone for the rest of the day and also influences our mental health apart from skin, hair and physical health or beauty. Morning rituals are not a trend or a fad as they are necessary for the proper functioning of the body’s internal mechanism and also eliminate toxins giving a good start to the day.
While not everyone is blessed with flawless, glowing skin, certain changes to your skincare routine and lifestyle can give you radiant hair and flawless skin. Also, morning is the best time to exercise as it speeds up the metabolization of carbohydrates and fats and there are many other benefits of working out early in the morning as it boosts your metabolism, activates your digestive system and helps nutrients flow smoothly through the body.
Are you a disbeliever of strict nutritional philosophies, but still looking for a holistic approach to achieving great hair, skin, and overall health? We’ve onboarded a few fitness experts to tell you about some simple habits to include in your morning routine for good hair, skin, and overall health.
In an interview with HT Lifestyle, Lavleen Kaur, Chief Dietitian and Founder of Diet Insight, suggested including the following habits in your morning routine:
1. Oil extraction – Oil pulling, a well-known traditional Ayurvedic technique, takes just a few minutes and removes bacteria and germs from the mouth, helping to improve dental health. One can take a spoonful of coconut oil or any other oil, swish it around in the mouth for a minute without swallowing it and spit out the oil. Before eating or drinking anything, rinse your mouth thoroughly with water. Just a minute of coconut oil in your mouth right after waking up will significantly help kill bad bacteria, reduce bad breath, prevent cavities, reduce inflammation and improve gum health. .
2. Drink – Although it might seem like a good idea to have a cup of coffee first thing in the morning, water is better. After several hours without water, a glass of water in the morning rehydrates the body while promoting digestion and metabolism. Water is a nutrient necessary for the proper functioning of the organs and tissues of your body. A glass of water can refresh you and make you more upbeat and prepared for the day ahead.
3. Start with ME-Time – Before connecting with the rest of the world, connect with yourself. Just give yourself 5 minutes for yourself and ask yourself, “How are you feeling right now?” “. You can practice mindfulness, gratitude or just breathe and chant the mantra om.
Along with the list of tips, Vikas Chawla, Ayurveda expert, founder and director of Vedas Cure advised:
1. Apply a turmeric face mask – Homemade face packs are user-friendly and user-friendly. Turmeric is an Ayurvedic ingredient that makes your skin glow and also gets rid of acne, pimples and its marks.
2. Use rose water as a skin toner – Rose water removes impurities and pimple marks from the skin. It also has soothing properties, which calm us down and reduce stress.
3. Multani Mitti, The Ultimate Skincare Healer – Multani Mitti has anti-acne and anti-inflammatory properties, acting as a healing agent for the skin. It contains Ayurvedic medicinal elements that prevent skin damage and pimples. It is best applied in the morning as it lays well on the skin and also removes blackheads and blackheads.