The annual program celebrates eBay’s commitment to growing small businesses, distributing $1.5 million in cash prizes to 150 entrepreneurs since 2020.
SAN JOSECalifornia. , September 23, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — eBay Inc. today announced the recipients of its third annual Up & Running Grant program, which was created in partnership with Hello Alice to support America’s small businesses with the capital and resources they need to scale, grow and thrive in line.
The Up & Running Grant program annually awards 50 notable eBay sellers each with $10,000 plus personalized mentoring, training and tools. Drawn from nearly 15,000 submissions, this year’s winners represent 23 states and multiple categories, ranging from bridal boutique to California in an auto parts store Ohioand a sneaker store in Texas to a trading card collector Florida.
“Small businesses are the heart of eBay, and we are inspired every day by the millions of entrepreneurs whose passion, innovation and ambition drive one of the most trusted and well-stocked marketplaces in the world” , said Adam IrelandGM and VP, eBay US “What we continue to hear from small business owners is that access to capital, community and business development resources is critical to their growth – and we We will continue to invest in tools, advocacy and programs like the Up & Running Grant to enable their success and unlock their potential.”
A survey of 2020-2021 grant recipients found the program provided them with essential support, with 91% of companies citing the grant as “extremely or very” helpful to their business, and an overwhelming 94% were convinced that their doors would stay open thanks to eBay. Recipients cover categories such as fashion, handbags, electronics, comics, collectibles, sports equipment, motors and more.
Meet the winners of eBay’s 2022 Up & Running Promotion:
- Adina Ringler, Adina’s bride, Northridge, California
- Guillaume Sellitto, AESellitto, Graniteville, South Carolina
- Sylvester Apolonio, Aiden Laptop, Fontana, California
- Candice Busby, Hi good buy!, Hutchins, TX
- Kimberly Dawson, beautiful old souls, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Christian Leon, Bisbee race, Bisbee, AZ
- Jacques-Patrick, Business bushido, Jacksonville, Florida
- Michael Cheung, Kaylee’s Korner, Monterey Park, California
- Clair Brockway, Clear Wears, Arden, North Carolina
- Michael Wagner, Comic-Con Collectibles, Denver, CO
- John Salcedo, Azul shop, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- daisy smith, daisylo, Fayetteville, Georgia
- Debra Wenzel, DDW Quilts, Casa GrandeAR
- Antoine Nguyen, Demin ClothTexas
- Dominique Moreno, DM Online Sales, Casa Grande, AZ
- Michelle Nguyen, Emmi’s closet, Arlington, TX
- Sharon Knight, Everyday Vintage Shop, Midlothian, Virginia
- Laure Buffardi, Figo Fashion, Palm Beach, Florida
- Jaster Nyasulu, fitness suspenders, Redmond, WA
- Jaime Finley, Pop Blox, Jonesboro, AR
- Francisco Meneses Luna, A free PDX shop, Beaverton, OR
- Raquel Paula, Honored in Glory, Wilmington, DE
- Ruth Pouleman, Freehand network, Tyler, TX
- Dawn Ambrose, Heated 4 U, Street, MD
- Heather Page, heather dawn 14, Plantville, Connecticut
- Kristen Carrillo, Alley of the hoarders, Huntington Beach, California
- Jonathan Proulx, we can sell this, Alpine, UT
- Annie Smith, Identified, Salem, MA
- Katelyn Pivot, Legacy sales, Fredericksburg, Virginia
- Jamie Deruso, Microphone 8086, Yucaipa, California
- Dora Bobrosky, Take time for magic, Big Stone Gap, Virginia
- Jill Faxon, at Miss Jill’s Cupboard, Palm Springs, California
- Jeffrey Abed, Multiverse Technologies, Oakton, Virginia
- Nickolai Bakken, Nickeleye Sourcing Solutions, Delano, Minn.
- Freddy Alvarez, PKWY collection, Austin, TX
- Justin Okeke, PowerUp game, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Ashton Pepper, handbag style, Tulsa, okay
- Ricardo Moreno, Wholesale R&M, Downey, California
- Rachel Fournier, Racfour 14, San Antonio, TX
- Richard Brooks, Remember when the cards, Wimauma, Florida
- Lauren Villareal, Round Two Avenue, Decatur, IL
- Dexter Bowling, Jr., ShoeBiz, Vienna, Virginia
- Simona Drentea, Simply the best for you, Colorado Springs, CO
- Marisa Torreres, Sports car recovery, Rootstown, Ohio
- Anthony Harnell, Sportsnatic, Oxnard, California
- Marthe Teissier-Lule, Vintage Teissier, Oxnard, California
- Sarah McKibben, The McKibben family, Orange Park, Florida
- Kellie Ward, Tickled Lucky Ducky Resale, Oklahoma City, OK
- Miguel Sotero González Velazquez, Wabbit76, Indiana, California
- Andrea Winchester, Winchester works, Oakdale, California
Through Hello Alice, all grant recipients are enrolled in an online community of like-minded businesses for peer-to-peer mentoring, networking and support at all stages of the business.
About the Up & Running Grant Program
In April 2020 eBay announced Up & Running, a $100 million small business accelerator program to address the devastating effects of COVID-19 on local small retail businesses. Building on eBay’s long-standing commitment to “providing economic opportunity for all”, the program aimed to help small businesses without an e-commerce presence transition to selling online.
In November 2020 – to develop its “Up & Running” commitment – eBay has launched the Up & Running Grant program in partnership with Hello Alice. Now in its third year, the program has received over 45,000 applications from entrepreneurs sharing details of their small business and how they plan to use the grant to fuel their growth. After extensive review, 50 vendors are chosen each year to receive each $10,000 in cash as well as premium access to eBay Academy – eBay’s online learning platform – as well as hands-on training, Q&A sessions and mentoring from top-ranking eBay sellers. Discover the 2022 winners in this video here.
About Hello Alice
Hello Alice is a free multi-channel platform that helps businesses get started and grow. With a community of over 600,000 business owners in all 50 states and around the world, Hello Alice is building the largest network of business owners in the nation while tracking data and trends to increase the success rate of entrepreneurs. Our partners include business services, government agencies and institutions looking to serve small and medium business owners to ensure increased revenue and promote scale. Founded by Caroline Rodz and Elizabeth Gorewe believe in business for everyone by providing access to all owners, including women, people of color, veterans, and anyone with an entrepreneurial spirit.
About eBay Inc.
eBay Inc. (Nasdaq: EBAY) is a global commerce leader that connects people and builds communities to create economic opportunity for all. Our technology empowers millions of buyers and sellers in over 190 markets around the world, giving everyone the opportunity to grow and prosper. Founded in 1995 in San Jose, California, eBay is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing marketplaces for discovering great value and unique selection. In 2021, eBay enabled more than $87 billion of the gross volume of goods. For more information about the company and its global portfolio of online brands, visit www.ebayinc.com.
SOURCE eBay Inc.